Monday, February 16, 2009

Throat Update

I did have to go into LDS hospital on Saturday night because my breathing became very difficult, and that is what my doctor told me to do. They gave me a really large dose of steroid to decrease swelling, and then gave me a prescription for more steroids to take at home until the surgery. I'm also on bed rest and I'm supposed to have 24 hour supervision so that if my breathing closes off for any reason, there will be someone to call 911. Fun, eh? I'm not supposed to go out in public or be around anyone sick, because obviously if I got a cold with mucus in my throat, that would be a very bad thing! So now I get to sit around and be waited on hand and foot... sounds more fun than it is! Anyway, keep me in your prayers and I'll keep you posted on how everything is going.


Chandie said...

Seriously - until March 6th??? Can't they move anything up? Girl, I'm so sorry!! Please let me know if I can help.

Sarah said...

That's the next day that the surgeon who specializes in vocal-chord related surgeries will be at LDS hospital - for our insurance. But, if it gets bad enough, we'll go see him at a non IHC hospital where he also works and just pay for it ourselves!