Friday, July 1, 2011

Mommy's "Birthday"

My birthday is on December 27th, which is a really bad day to have a birthday. I didn't mind it when I was a kid, but that was before I had to do the Gale Family Christmas eve dinner on the 24th, Christmas breakfast with my own little family, then Christmas dinner with my mom and sisters on the 25th, followed by Day-after-Christmas with my dad and step-mom on the 26th, then at last my birthday on the 27th.  It has become too much hauling kids around, eating rich food, cooking rich food, and cleaning up everything.  So, for a couple of years, Jason and I have talked about celebrating my birthday on my half-birthday, June 27 instead.  On June 26, he reminded me of that plan, and so last minute we decided to do it.  We went out to the pie for pizza and I made creme brulee!  It was really fun and so much more relaxing than celebrating it at the actual time.  Jason and the kids got me a large bamboo butcher block cutting board, and an mp3 connector device so I can use my ipod in my minivan!


No comments: