Friday, October 9, 2009

Last Week of CSA


Sadly, this week was the last week of the CSA. We received a letter with our boxes telling us that it was the end. I have had a really fun time experimenting with all these fantastic fresh veggies, and I hope I have inspired some of you to either join a CSA or grow a garden, and enjoy the variety at its best. This week, we got onions, potatoes, corn on the cob, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, cabbage, and jalapeno peppers. My friend, Celia, gave me some tomatoes from her garden, and so I was able to make some homemade salsa, fish tacos, and some freezer tomato sauce. (Click the links to access the recipes.) A week from Saturday, we get to go to East Farms (it's in Layton) and pick our own pumpkins (one per family member) from their pumpkin patch! So that will be fun.

No comments: