Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jason!

It was Jason's 31st birthday yesterday. We had a fun day - he had it off work, and so we were able to spend the day together. We didn't really do anything in particular, just hanging out with the family. For his present, I made him a really fancy dinner, by his request. I made Steak Oscar, which is filet mignon steak topped with crab meat, asparagus, and bernaise sauce. I also made a 3 berry pie, ciabatta bread, and vegetable gratin. To do all this, I began cooking at 1:00 pm and finished at 6:45 pm. It was all incredibly delicious, though, and Jason loved it. My mom and Jason's friend Lane also came to the dinner. After we had all cleaned our plates, I realized I should have taken a picture of one of the beautiful plates to post on here, but... alas, it was too late. Anyway, take my word for it that it was a piece of food art. :) Ha ha ha!

No comments: